So, What Is an INCH Bag?
If you’ve heard about prepping and survivalism, you may have come across the term “INCH Bag.” But what exactly is an INCH Bag? Is it some kind of emergency survival kit? Or is it a specialized type of bug-out bag? In this article, we’ll delve into the details of what an INCH Bag is, how it differs from other types of bags, and why it’s an essential component of any prepper’s arsenal.
What does INCH stand for?
INCH is an acronym that stands for “I’m Never Coming Home.” Unlike other bug-out bags that are designed to help you survive for a few days or weeks until you can reach a safe location, an INCH Bag is intended to support you for the long haul. It’s for situations where you have no intention of returning home due to a major disaster or collapse of society.
Contents of an INCH Bag:
An INCH Bag is typically larger and more comprehensive than other portable survival kits. Its contents are carefully chosen to provide you with the necessary tools, supplies, and provisions to survive indefinitely in a post-apocalyptic scenario. Here are some common items found in an INCH Bag:
1. Shelter and Sleeping Gear:
– Tent or tarp for shelter
– Sleeping bag or bivvy bag
– Groundsheet or sleeping pad for insulation
2. Food and Water:
– Non-perishable food items such as MREs (Meals Ready to Eat)
– Water filtration system or purification tablets
– Collapsible water containers
3. Tools and Equipment:
– Multi-tool with various functions
– Fire starters (lighters, matches, or ferro rods)
– Compass and maps of the area
– Basic repair tools (such as duct tape and paracord)
– Hunting or fishing equipment (snare wire, fishing line, hooks, etc.)
– Navigation tools (GPS device or compass)
4. First Aid Kit:
– Bandages, gauze, and adhesive tape
– Antiseptic wipes and ointments
– Painkillers and fever reducers
– Medical supplies for wound care
5. Clothing and Personal Hygiene:
– Extra sets of weather-appropriate clothing
– Sturdy boots or shoes
– Personal hygiene items (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, etc.)
– Waterproof bags for storing dirty clothes
Key Differences Between an INCH Bag and Other Survival Bags:
Now that we understand what an INCH Bag is and what it typically contains, let’s explore the key differences between an INCH Bag and other types of survival bags:
– While most bug-out bags are designed to sustain you for a few days or weeks, an INCH Bag is meant to support you for the long term. It contains more provisions to last indefinitely.
2. Size and Weight:
– Given the extended duration it’s intended for, an INCH Bag is often larger and heavier compared to other portable survival kits. However, it should still be manageable enough to carry comfortably over long distances.
3. Comprehensive Supply:
– An INCH Bag includes a wide range of gear and supplies as opposed to other bags that may focus on specific scenarios, such as a hiking backpack or a 72-hour emergency kit. The goal is to be prepared for any situation you might encounter.
My 2 Cents:
An INCH Bag is an essential component of any prepper’s survival plan. While other bags may be useful for short-term emergencies, an INCH Bag provides you with the necessary tools and provisions to survive indefinitely. It’s your lifeline in a worst-case scenario where you have no intention of returning home. Remember, when preparing your INCH Bag, consider the long term and pack items that will help you sustain yourself in a post-apocalyptic world. Stay prepared, stay safe!