DIY Growling Dog Knot Paracord Keychain
How to Make a Unique and Practical Keychain with Paracord
Paracord is an essential item for any prepper or outdoor enthusiast. Its versatility and strength make it a must-have in your emergency kit. But did you know that you can also use paracord to make unique and practical items such as keychains?
In this post, we will guide you through the process of making a growling dog knot paracord keychain. This knot is not only functional but also adds a touch of style and personality to your keys.
- Paracord (around 10 feet)
- A keyring
- A lighter
Follow these simple steps to create your DIY growling dog knot paracord keychain:
- Start by folding the paracord in half so that you have two equal-length strands.
- Take the folded end and pass it through the keyring, creating a loop at the top.
- Now, take the loose ends of the paracord and thread them through the loop created in step 2.
- Pull the loose ends tight to secure the loop around the keyring.
- You should now have two equal-length strands hanging down from the keyring.
- Next, fold one of the strands in half and cross it over the other strand, creating an “X” shape.
- Take the end of the folded strand and pass it under the other strand.
- Bring the end of the folded strand over the top of the other strand, creating a loop.
- Pass the end of the folded strand through the loop created in step 8.
- Pull the loose end of the folded strand to tighten the knot.
- Repeat steps 6-10 using the other strand of paracord.
- Continue repeating these steps until you reach the desired length of your keychain.
- Once you have reached the desired length, cut the excess paracord, leaving a small tail.
- Using a lighter, carefully melt the ends of the paracord to prevent fraying.
And there you have it! Your very own growling dog knot paracord keychain.
Why Choose the Growling Dog Knot?
The growling dog knot not only looks unique and stylish but also serves a practical purpose. The knot is designed to provide a firm grip, making it easier to locate and grasp your keys. Its intricate design also adds a touch of creativity to your everyday carry.
Additionally, paracord is known for its durability and strength. In any emergency situation, having a paracord keychain can be handy. You can use the paracord strands for various purposes, such as securing items, creating makeshift shelters, or even as a makeshift tow rope in a pinch.
Other Paracord Keychain Designs to Explore
If the growling dog knot doesn’t tickle your fancy, there are plenty of other paracord keychain designs you can explore. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Cobra Knot Keychain: This classic knot creates a tightly woven design and is easy to make.
- King Cobra Knot Keychain: A more intricate version of the cobra knot, the king cobra knot keychain offers added thickness and style.
- Snake Knot Keychain: As the name suggests, this knot resembles a coiled serpent and adds a unique touch to your keys.
- Box Knot Keychain: The box knot creates a square-shaped design that is both visually appealing and functional.
Feel free to experiment with different knot patterns, colors, and bead embellishments to customize your own paracord keychain. Let your creativity shine!
My 2 Cents
Paracord keychains are not only fashionable but also practical. By creating your own growling dog knot paracord keychain, you ensure that you have a strong and versatile tool at your fingertips. Whether you’re a prepper looking to add to your emergency kit or just someone who enjoys outdoor adventures, a paracord keychain is a must-have accessory.
Remember, paracord is not only useful for making keychains but also has numerous survival applications. Knowing how to tie different knots and using paracord creatively can make a big difference in emergency situations. So, don’t be afraid to practice and explore different paracord projects!
Stay prepared and stay creative!