39 Apple Cider Vinegar Uses
Apple cider vinegar is more than just a staple in your kitchen pantry. It’s a versatile and powerful substance that can be used for a variety of purposes. From cooking to cleaning, and even health and beauty, apple cider vinegar has a wide range of uses. In this article, we’ll explore 39 different ways you can incorporate apple cider vinegar into your life.
No article about the uses of apple cider vinegar would be complete without mentioning its role in cooking. Here are a few ways you can use it in the kitchen:
- As a salad dressing: Apple cider vinegar adds a tangy flavor to homemade salad dressings.
- In marinades: Use apple cider vinegar as a base for meat marinades to tenderize and add flavor.
- In baking: Replace buttermilk or regular vinegar with apple cider vinegar in your baked goods to add acidity and moisture.
Apple cider vinegar is a natural and effective cleaning agent. Here’s how you can use it to clean your home:
- As a surface cleaner: Mix equal parts water and apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle and use it to clean countertops, sinks, and other surfaces.
- To remove stains: Apple cider vinegar can help remove stains from fabrics and carpets. Mix it with water and blot the stain until it disappears.
- As a dishwasher rinse aid: Add a splash of apple cider vinegar to your dishwasher’s rinse aid compartment to improve the cleanliness of your dishes.
3. Health and Wellness
Apple cider vinegar has been used for centuries for its health benefits. Here are a few ways you can incorporate it into your wellness routine:
- As a digestive aid: Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drink it before meals to aid digestion.
- As a natural remedy for heartburn: Sip on a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water to alleviate heartburn symptoms.
- As a hair rinse: Rinse your hair with a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water to remove product buildup and add shine.
- As a facial toner: Dilute apple cider vinegar with water and use it as a toner to balance the pH of your skin and reduce acne.
Believe it or not, apple cider vinegar can also be used in your garden. Here’s how:
- As a weed killer: Fill a spray bottle with apple cider vinegar and spray it directly on weeds to kill them.
- As a natural insect repellent: Mix apple cider vinegar with water and spray it on plants to repel insects.
- To raise soil acidity: If your soil is too alkaline, add apple cider vinegar to lower the pH and make it more acidic.
5. Beauty and Personal Care
Apple cider vinegar can be a game-changer when it comes to your beauty and personal care routine. Here are a few uses:
- As a teeth whitener: Gargle with a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water to remove stains from your teeth.
- As a natural deodorant: Dab a bit of apple cider vinegar under your arms to kill odor-causing bacteria.
- To soothe sunburn: Mix apple cider vinegar with water and apply it to sunburned skin for relief.
These are just a few of the many ways apple cider vinegar can be used. Whether you’re cooking, cleaning, or taking care of your health and beauty, apple cider vinegar is a versatile and affordable option to consider.
My 2 Cents
Apple cider vinegar is truly a jack-of-all-trades. Its uses extend far beyond the kitchen, making it a valuable addition to any household. From improving digestion and promoting hair health to cleaning surfaces and killing weeds, apple cider vinegar is a go-to solution for many daily needs. So go ahead, stock up on apple cider vinegar and start discovering all the amazing ways you can use it in your life!